Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A girl


Came through this beautiful poem some time back.....Made a few changes....


I am a daughter, A sister,
A grandaughter, a neice,
A cousin and a friend,
I am a partner, A student,
A young girl and a grown woman,
I am confident and scared,
I am terrified and excited,
I am loving and caring,
Yet thoughtful and hopeful.

I am sick and tired,
I am shy and friendly,
Careful and careless,
I am broken yet whole,
I am misunderstood, misguided and mislead,
I am hardworking and determined,
But a little scared on the inside.

I wish on stars and dream my dreams,
I pray to god and cry my tears,
I smile on the outside while i am dying on the inside,
I listen to others who won't listen to me,
I walk on egg shells and i walk on fire,
I believe in passion But not true love,
I love you yet i push you away,
I want you but not so close,
I am everything and nothing all at once,
and yet,
All i want is you to love me.

1 comment:

  1. Very well written Varsha.
    A stanza that I wrote long ago may just add to what you wish to convey,


    lets bow and pledge to revere,
    all female deities around,
    and learn to honour the faminine power,
    and establish her stolen crown;

    ReplyDelete