Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Poem...

This is a commemorative poem in the loving memory of my dear friend, Ekta Shukla.

I just want to convey her that where ever she is, we miss her a lot!!

It would have been her 21st birthday today if she were alive....

Love you Ekta......


The Poem

Just as I went through

the chapters of my memory,

I remembered the day

when we commenced our journey.


The day when we were

Naïve and callow,

And soon we began those Hi’s and Hello.


Among them I found ‘You’,

So sweet, so fresh

As grass with dew.


We soon started having talks

And sometimes took

Sloth walks.


We were merry and gay,

But seemed

Happy days were

No longer to stay.


The day you first fell ill,

I didn’t even mind.

Thought it would take a day or two,

And you would be fine.


I waited for you and

thought you would return.

It was my mistake that I never knew

life’s going to take some other turn.


You were getting worse

and I still had hope,

But God became merciless and death loped.


One tragic day I heard

You were no more,

I was deadpan

And people mourned.


Days passed and years on,

I still grieve for you

And your indelible memories

Will always be on my heart.

21 comments:

  1. heart touchin poem ............who ws she.......?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! She was Ekta Shukla, branch: Chemical Engineering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear..u ve expressed urself very well in very few words..i wish her soul may rest in peace...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the appreciation, ma'am!
    Amen....

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes varsha.... v too miss her a lot... i had visited her the same day when God took her away frm us..... may God bless her wherever she is...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ur first blog cant be better then dis....

    ReplyDelete
  7. @S: May I know who is this? Actually your profile is not getting displayed.
    @Ankur: Thanks yaar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey vaashu its really heart touching....this is the best poem i hav eve heard...u know y....bec its coming from a frnds heart....i dont know who dat girl was but she was very lucky bec she got one frnd like "u" in her life who still remembers her b'day & gives such a wonderful gift (d poem)to her even aftr she is no more vd us.....thanks to god he gave me "u" as a frnd.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Aashu. I just tried to write something. Thanks for such wonderful support!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yaar!!!!!!!!!!!
    we vl never 4get ekta...

    ReplyDelete
  11. dis is really gud...d poem....nd dis is really sad...d incident...nd dis is really sweet...u remembering her...nd dis is what i crave n search fr nd everyone else also....d pure n true frndshp......itz really d best poem nd gift fr smbdy who's nt aware of hw many ppl r remembering nd wishng fr her...thanx fr reminding us of her..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the appreciation dear...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Theres no better way to express than writing a poem, when you are overwhelmed with emotions. Having suffered a similar loss recently I can identify with your poem. May ur friend's soul rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks. I pray the same for your near one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. u were a nice friend..........
    but i was a bad brother...

    ReplyDelete
  16. last year my sister died(sucided)n i cudn't do anythng..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohh God! I am so sorry. But I don't think it's your fault.
    Anyway, may your sister's soul remain in peace.

    ReplyDelete